Friday, December 20, 2013

New and Notable

I received some exciting news last week: I've been appointed to the Notable Children's Recordings Committee for the next two years. This is, in many ways, the perfect appointment for me. I prefer chummy "best of" lists to "there can be only one" awards, and I'm a total audiobook fiend. I keep having to upgrade my Audible account.

This does, however, mean that I won't be able to help Sam write this blog next year. If you would like to take pity on him and offer to write a guest post or two, I think he's more than open to the idea!

I don't think I'll be blogging about audiobooks next year, but I may change my mind. I will be writing them up over on Goodreads, though.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah - congratulations Rachael! I like audiobooks, but there's no way I could listen to them as much as you are going to be, so kudos to you! If you're in Philly, I bet I'll bump into you at some point or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, I'll be in Philly. I hadn't planned to go, but now I'll basically be sitting in the back of this year's Notables discussion, taking notes all weekend.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I could never do this as I keep my audio book listening exclusively for adult books (not having much time to get to them in my regular reading).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's been my approach too, but I guess I'll have to switch them around for the next couple of years.

      Delete